Planning Your Trip
No more sleeps!
Planning your trip
It’s finally time for planning your trip to Drovers Rest
- Directions: Drovers Rest, Llanerch Y Coed Farm, Hay on wye, HR36AG
- Book Food Nights & Breakfasts
- Check out what to do in the Area (although you may not want to leave the farm!)
- Count how many sleeps left until you get here xx
Using Sat nav
If using Google maps input Drovers Rest. Click on Drovers Rest Posh Glamping and Cottages. And it will bring you straight here. Make sure to load on your wifi or when you are on 3 or 4G as closer to us the signal drops in our out. If using sat nav the post code HR36AG, will take you to a Farm called Meardy Farm (sorry many farms have the same postcode when you get out to the sticks!). So look out for the Brown Tourist signs that will lead you to us. With Meardy Farm on on your left take the next right down a no through road. We are at the end. Also our Lane is Signposted Drovers Rest on a brown tourist sign. The last few miles are on single lanes. It is country courtesy to always reverse for animals or a vehicle with a trailer as its more difficult for them. But if you drive slowly there are enough passing places and there will be no reversing required. Most times we don’t even see another car!
What to bring For your Farm Holiday with us
We have everything else you will need:
- Walking Shoes
- Comfy old clothes if you want to help on the farm
- Torches (lots of Badgers, Foxes, Owls, Bats. Kids love the midnight walks)
- Rain Jackets, Umbrellas & waterproofs always great for the british weather! Warm Clothes no matter the weather as you never know!! (Woollen hats & slippers to wear in the tents are great if glamping). Tents have wood burners, electric blankets & gorgoeus luxury very thick duvets etc but no matter how posh they only have canvas walls so bring warm clothing to sleep in! And woollen hats keep your head warm.
- And a healthy dose & love for outdoor adventure, countryside & the great british outdoors
- Eating – if eating out or with us, no need for groceries.
Self Catering Plus
All the accommodation here has self catering facilities. In addition. We provide daily breakfasts & 4 dinners during the week. We need notice to cater so let us know before you arrive. Our Pizza Night, Curry Night & a BBQ night are Epic Group Gatherings you would not want to miss tasting the food.
Shopping – there is a butcher, greengrocer, Deli, and the co op in Hay on Wye to buy groceries from or you could organise an online shopping delivery to make things easier (Sainsbury and Waitrose cover our area).
There’s a small on-site farm shop that sells items for anything you might forget.
A welcome basket is provided with a few surprise goodies.
OS maps, reading books, games, sky plus TV and high speed wifi (don’t tell the kids!) is available in the chill-out barn
We provide bedding, towels and toilet paper (someone did ask me!! in case you think its odd). All tents have gas stove for cooking & a BBQ. A microwave is available in the communal area. Kitchens in cottages and tents are fully equipped.Book Now
Things to do
There are plenty of things to do and you need intro text for this section.There are plenty of things to do and you need intro text for this section.There are plenty of things to do and you need intro text for this section.There are plenty of things to do and you need intro text for this section.
During Busy Periods our Farm Kitchen & Larder are open so you can dine with us & other guests. Feel the magic of connecting with other people gathering around the dining table while enjoying the food grown on the farm and our homemade relishes, jams, compotes, sloe gin and cheeses when available.Discover More
If you can tear yourself away from the farm, offsite, step back into reality (yes it’s out there). Zip down the road to Hay-on-Wye, an attractive riverside market town where winding streets are lined with old stone buildings, there are plenty of places to visit. Here are some of our recommendations.Discover More